Select City
HomeMedical

Protect Your Family from Carbon Monoxide this Winter

CityPulse

Sponsored Content Dec 04, 2018.

Articles For Joanne Campbell, NP in Williamston, MI

It might sound intimidating at first but in reality, winter months can bring in more cases of carbon monoxide poisoning due to people using fireplaces, generators and furnaces. The colorless, odorless gas can build up in your house due to lack of ventilation. When there is excessive carbon monoxide present in the air, your body will replace the oxygen present in your red blood cells with carbon monoxide, this prevents oxygen from getting to your tissues and organs. Every year more than 4,000 people are hospitalized due to carbon monoxide poisoning. Symptoms include headaches, dizziness, vomiting, chest pain and confusion. Severe cases of poisoning can lead to loss of consciousness and can also be fatal. These symptoms overlap and intersect with many other common health problems, so you should contact your healthcare provider immediately for the next course of action.  Everyone can be at risk from this but the most vulnerable group include people who have chronic heart diseases, breathing problems, asthma patients, the very young and very old. But prevention and monitoring will reduce rates of carbon monoxide complications. This can be done through carbon monoxide detectors which should be located in every bedroom and living space of your house. We at CIMA hope you folks are safe from carbon monoxide poisoning this winter and please contact us for any further information about all your healthcare needs.
Joanne Campbell, NP
Joanne Campbell, NP

Joanne Campbell, NP

(517) 655-3515
839 S Putnam St
Williamston, MI 48895

           
Loading ...